The Heritage Society-Comprised of a special group of supporters who believe in the mission of the university and want to ensure that valuable life-changing educational programs and services will continue for future generations.
Each member of The Heritage Society has remembered the university through a charitable bequest intention, charitable gift annuity, life insurance, or other estate planning arrangements with a value of $10,000 or more. Membership in The Heritage Society is activated when the donor notifies Winston-Salem State University that he or she has named the university as a benefactor of these types of "planned" gifts.
The Benefits of Joining
- Giving to the university passes your values to generations to come.
- The university is able to better plan and prepare for future students.
- By joining, you will encourage others who may consider passing on the same type of legacy.
- Providing a planned gift may financially benefit you and your family by offering immediate or deferred tax advantages.
Members receive an attractive certificate and lapel pin symbolizing their membership and acknowledging their gifts.
- Members are invited to the annual formal luncheon and other university functions.
- Members are recognized in Winston-Salem State University publications, including the Archway magazine.
To learn more, please contact:
The Office of University Advancement